Versabraille

i have an old tape-based versabraille p2c that i'm trying to get running. unfortunately, i don't have the power supply or the cable that connects it to the serial port. i was wondering if anyone had either of these two cables lying around. i'm an engineering student, so i can build them if i can take a look at them, or even if i could just get the specs on them (for the power supply, i need the voltage, and for the serial port i need to know which pins get connected to what).
please let me know if anyone has either of these two cables, or information on them. i tried telesensory and freedom scientific, they didn't know anything.
thanks again,
david
p.s.- if you're in the new york city area, and you'd let me look at these cables, it be very grateful! i promise i won't take them apart!