Re: talking rescue CD roms

HI,
On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 10:18:41AM -0600, Thomas Stivers wrote:
[...]
> You might check out knoppix, it has all the x stuff on it,
For starting with braille support you may put some params like
brltty=al,/dev/ttyS0,text.german.tbl so why not asking to Klaus (he's
very nice guy) to provide the possibility to add params for voice?
I'm sure if he could he would help.
Note:
the normal way of booting Knoppix is by starting from the cd; but at
that moment when you have the "boot:" prompt, a) you're in qwerty, and
that's a problem here, b) you don't have braille nor speech, so:
I personally contribute with a knoblind.bat to the project, this is a
batch which can be used under dos / win dos box, at a moment where you
have braille, to build a bootable disk with a syslinux.cfg containing an
append line with the right braille params for brltty;
so, if implemented, I suppose it must be possible to pass append params
for the build in festival voice that comes with that Knoppix/Deb cd.

Succes,
Osvaldo La Rosa - http://www.brlspeak.net