Re: gnopernicus on redhat8 help please...

Hi Tatus & all,

I'm the person who wrote a few months ago the explanations you have found
on the http://tux31.homelinux.net/linux/inst_gnome2_accessibility.htm
web page.
Okay, I agree, it's not very simple to install gnome2 and gnopernicus since
Gnopernicus is still in the developpment phase and requires always the
latest Gnome2 version to run properly.
So I can't tell so quickly  that the web page is unnecessary today because
I don't know if the gnome2 version included in the RH 8 ipermit to run
gnopernicus properly or not. Perhaps today you still must have a gnome2
developpment version  in order to run Gnopernicus. I ask this on the
gnome-accessibility- mailing list and let you know the response.

--
Nath

On 20/02/03 at 15:18 Tatus Maximus wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>I am trying to install gnopernicus on a redhat8 box for a friend who is
>blind.  I have found a pretty good site that shows one how to download the

>latest and greatest packages from the gnome CVS site.  The link follows:
>
>http://www.baum.ro/gnopernicus.html
>
>Everything was going great until I got to the point where I needed to
>download the 'go_gnome' script.  Seems the link is broken--404-Not Found.
>search of the actual directory shows no such file.  Have any of you used
>this site with this script before?  If so, would you be able to post the
>script for me?
>
>I have also tried the instructions at the following website:
>
>http://tux31.homelinux.net/linux/inst_gnome2_accessibility.htm
>
>Extremely difficult to follow and I think unecessary since redhat8 already

>uses Gnome2.  This is the one site I've found that makes any sense to me.

>Can anyone help me out? Sorry to bother this forum with such a question,
>but
>for some reason or the other, the webmaster of the site with broken link
>has
>no email address posted to report such problems to.
>
>Many thanks in advance!

>Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? Télécharger MSN Messenger
>http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1ère messagerie instantanée de
France

GRAND JEU SMS : Pour gagner un NOKIA 7650, envoyez le mot IF au 61321
(prix d'un SMS + 0.35 euro). Un SMS vous dira si vous avez gagné.
Règlement : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/sign.sms