Re: Still problems with BrlTTY

As I have explained in another mail some months ago to this list,
links has a configuration setting to enable it to
use the normal cursor for menus and links.  Enable that
setting under Setup -> Terminal Options -> Block cursor.
Uncheck the checkbox, and be done with it.
Afterwards, you can disable attribute underlining altogether.

Jois <evvivajaws@libero.it> writes:

> I have a Vario 40 Braille display and as screen reader I got Brltty
> 3.2, right now. But I encounter problems with Links ( L I N K S).
> The problems are the menus: even if I turn on attributes pressing the
> letter U on the display's keyboard, the 7 and 8 blinking points, do
> not appear in the highlighted options only, as it did in brltty 3.0,
> but they appear on every point I am looking at, while navigating with
> the navigation keys. And this prevents me from following all what the
> screen is showing, I mean, where the cursor is going (it is only in
> applications' menus, not in text editors).
> What is the problem? Should I configure something? The system is not
> well-configured yet, my colleague did not have time to set my audio
> card up,  he'll do it in another moment as I am a newbie in Linux.
> Should the tracking cursor help? I tried once, but I suppose it didn't help.
> Dave Mielke or Mario Lang, I think you can give me an answer.
> PS: i am using windows right now, I have not the mailer under Linux, yet.
> PPS: Someone using Irssi, are there some keyboard commands to pass
> through windows? I mean: if I have a channel and another channel, or a
> channel and a query... with Mirc, on Windows 98/XP, I am using the
> ctrl+f6 combination or alt+1 alt+2 alt+3 to pass through different
> channels or queries. But Irssi, how does it work?
> bye and thanks
> Jois

CYa,