Still problems with BrlTTY

Hi all,
finally I managed to connect over the Internet with my Debian 3.0 Linux distribution.
I have a Vario 40 Braille display and as screen reader I got Brltty 3.2, right now. But I encounter problems with Links ( L I N K S).
The problems are the menus: even if I turn on attributes pressing the letter U on the display's keyboard, the 7 and 8 blinking points, do not appear in the highlighted options only, as it did in brltty 3.0, but they appear on every point I am looking at, while navigating with the navigation keys. And this prevents me from following all what the screen is showing, I mean, where the cursor is going (it is only in applications' menus, not in text editors).
What is the problem? Should I configure something? The system is not well-configured yet, my colleague did not have time to set my audio card up, he'll do it in another moment as I am a newbie in Linux.
Should the tracking cursor help? I tried once, but I suppose it didn't help.
Dave Mielke or Mario Lang, I think you can give me an answer.
PS: i am using windows right now, I have not the mailer under Linux, yet.
PPS: Someone using Irssi, are there some keyboard commands to pass through windows? I mean: if I have a channel and another channel, or a channel and a query... with Mirc, on Windows 98/XP, I am using the ctrl+f6 combination or alt+1 alt+2 alt+3 to pass through different channels or queries. But Irssi, how does it work?
bye and thanks
Jois