Re: Installing festival

The rpm installs festival in /usr/bin, which will be in your path. By
"shellrc" I presume they man the rc for whatever shell you're using,
such as .bashrc, for example. Not very good language usage on their
part, I'm afraid.

So, you don't need to do anything other than install festival, which you
can do with the rpm.

You should, however, start the Festival server and put it in the
background like this:

festival_server &

At that point you can test whether it's working using the gnome-speech
testing application:

test-speech

Bue Vester-Andersen writes:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install festival on red hat 8.0 for use with gnopernicus. In
> the howto it says that i have to edit my shellrc file to include the path to
> festival/bin. Where is this file, or is it to be created from scratch.
>
> I know this is trivial, but I hope someone can help me.
>
> Best regards
> Bue Vester-andersen

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development