Re: Installing festival

Bue Vester-Andersen <listadr1@dkblind.dk> writes:

> the howto it says that i have to edit my shellrc file to include the path to
> festival/bin. Where is this file, or is it to be created from scratch.

Edit ~/.bashrc (creating it if necessary), and add this line to the bottom:

PATH=$PATH:/wherever/you/installed/festival/bin
export PATH

Your shell is probably bash, so this is a safe guess. =)
--
Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, wearables, teaching compsci