Debian Talking Install?

I hate amen posts, but...umm...never mind. I'm wholely behind
Kirk. I've been using Speakup now for about four years (can you
believe?) and think it's great! If you don't like the direction it's
going or want something else added, improved, or changed, well...this
is Linux, man! This is the GNU system and the GPL! What the heck do
you think this is, proprietary software? Pitch in and help change it
if you don't like it...that's why the GPL incorporates the essential
freedoms of free software. If you have the know-how, pitch in and help
make it happen. If you don't have the know-how, use something else
that you like better. (Even if you do have the know-how, use something
else that works better for you.) If you don't like Speakup, change it
yourself, help to affect change, or use something else. This "the
developers haven't seen the light" business is crap. ... Kirk has seen
the light enough to make Speakup free software and to make it damned
useful at that. You want software speech to come sooner? You want
something that'll load after everything else and get your system
talking some other way? Then by gods, help make it happen. That's why
we're here, for chrissake!

I'll continue to be a happy Speakup user.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,