SuSE and Screen Reader

Hi Gena!

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 09:34:06 +0000, 'Georgina Joyce' wrote:

> I'd like to know what the latest is on this question.  As a number of us are
> waiting for more speech support.  As the original release depended upon
> having a refreshable braille display.  The speech support was very
> rudimentary.

Its still rudimentary allthogh we builded a interface to mbrola witch
makes it posible to use sbl with softspeech. But still there is teh
problem that you need a brailledisplay to navigate via the screen, we
wern't able to programm a kernelpatch that let us use keycommand from
the pc-keyboard with sbl :-(.

> Saqib set up a e-mail list for Suse Blinux users but hasn't had many posts.
> I think I'm still a list member but can't remember the last message on the
> list.  I don't have an administration address but the posting address is:
>
> suse-blinux@egroups.com

There is a mailinglist direct at SuSe. You can subscribe by sending a
empty mail to

suse-blinux-subscribe@suse.com

Not many people out of europe using sbl, so the English speaking users
arent very much :-(. For this reason in this list there is also less
traffic.

Best regards,
Schoeppi

--