SuSE and Screen Reader

Hi Barry!

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 12:37:12 -0800, Barry Murdoch wrote:
> Would I need an external or software synth to use sbl-2.0-28.rpm?

You can use the external synths apollo2 or infovox 700 with sbl, any
other external synth can easily be added, the only requirement is that
the synth is connected via a serial interface (/dev/ttyS*) to the
computer.

Also we made an interface called mbrola4sbl. With this pakage it is
posible to use mbrola with SuSE-blinux.

But at the moment you should also have a brailledevice to use sbl. thats
because of the navigation over the screnn... While using kernel 2.4 it's
not posible for us to get the screennavigation only working with the
pc-keyboard, with kernel 2.2.x it works, there we had a patch to read
out the keycommands.

Best regards,
Schoeppi

--