Fw: New List

At 2003/01/02 20:40:37 David Poehlman wrote:

poehlman1> I have decided to start a new list.  Concerning any and all PDA
Devices
poehlman1> used
poehlman1> by the blind.
poehlman1> If you are interested you may send a blank e-mail to
poehlman1> BlindPdaDevices-subscribe@topica.com
poehlman1> Enjoy.
poehlman1>
poehlman1> Dan
poehlman1>

Well , I think it is much better to start such a list over at
handhelds.org because there is already some cross-activity between this
list and the handhelds.org lists
May I mention :
Sacha Chua ( iPaq bootloader development  )
Nicholas Pitre ( UI development , port of X-Windows to Acorn Archimedes-
compatible personal computers - a.k.a iPaq  , Sharp SL5000/5500/5600 ,
Papenmeier Elba , Brainium DreamWriter MAX , ex Rebel Netwinder - )
Stting up such a list on handhelds.org and where relevant cross-posting to
the existing lists there could avoiding a diaspora
It would be nice if all handheld-related stuff is concentrated on only 2
or 3 sites  and I see no reason why this should be set up at another site
Also Topica is commercial and the Zaurus people have had their brushes
with Yahoogroups
So ***Please **** first consult nicholas and Sacha about hosting/archiving
on handhelds.org before starting a new one in another place

Cross-posting to one of the lists at handhelds.org or zauruszone.com will
even obviate the need for a new list