troubleshooting sound

I can't get sound to work on my pc.
When I installed redhat, I installed everything.  According to the sound
how-to, I need to run something called pnpdump.  It doesn't seem to be on my
system, and redhat doesn't seem to have a package called pnptools.
Will I hurt anything if I install an rpm of these (assuming I can find
them,) or has redhat renamed the tools just like they renamed xconfigurator
in redhat 8?