Re: [OT] Blinux dd command to copy key disks

I Kieran,
well, I totally agree with you, I am in a still worse situation: here in Italy JAWS is sold with a hardware protection (dongle), exactly Rainbow USB SuperPro, because they integrated a new human-sounding speech synthesizer, Actor, that for the license needs a hardware protection. And I heard that after Jaws 4.5x versions, the dongle will be the new protection system in America too, this because Freedom Scientific wants to have a unique protection for its products, Open Book and Jaws.
I said, my situation is even worse than yours: here at work I have the hardware protection, at home I have the software one. In February 2002 I bought my new notebook and installed the software protection, from my original disk and worked with no trouble till April. Then, I got some errors in the registry and thought to reformat my hard drive. I checked my original diskette to see if I could get the license back, reformat and then re-install it... well, it said: no authorization found. In my other PC, the big one, it perfectly worked. Then I backupped the original key with 4 installations using teledisk, and I got the surprise: the copied disk worked! But only once. Then I changed my floppy drive, but the problem persists. Neither in Windows nor in Linux, my computer can read the side 0. So, I can not reformat otherwise I lose my license and can not install it any longer, I'd be forced to pay about 200 Euro for the dongle. No no thanks... Unless I am really forced by essential screen reader's updates, I will NOT buy anything. Now the only thing I bought is a new hard disk for my portable computer, where I put my wonderful Linux and my wonderful Brltty and I use Linux, but I have still problems connecting to Internet with that Operating System, so I must be still patient till my colleague helps me configuring the ADSL.
Kieran, you have all my help.
And with this message, I'd like to close this off topic thread.