From: Darrell Shandrow [mailto:nu7i@azboss.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 12:16 PM
To: blinux-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [OT] Blinux dd command to copy key disks

Hi Lee,

Well, hmmm...  The question of whether or not backing up one's own
authorization disk constitutes theft is probably quite debatable.
Personally, I believe it is not...  Performing this backup may very well
constitute "fair use" under the law, so long as it is *never* done for the
purpose of redistribution to another under *any* circumstances!  I do not
support software piracy in any shape or form!  But, I do support backing up
the authorization disk!

Nevertheless, yes, I'd be glad to continue this conversation off-list with
anyone who is interested, particularly anyone who is persuing the use of
facilities like the UNIX dd command to accomplish the task.

Thanks.