Re: Dectalk engine under Linux?

Dave Hunt writes:
> From: Dave Hunt <dave.hunt2@verizon.net>
>
> Thank you for passing on that pointer!  I enjoyed listening.
>
> There is a Dectalk software speech engine for Linux.  Look for
> references in the emacspeak list archive.  Emacspeak-17 has support
> for it.

Yes, but it doesn't work yet.

I guess it may be off topic to point out that it "doesn't work yet" because the source is unavailable?

In any case, such wonderful effects are by no means limited to DEC Talk. For example, look at:

http://tcts.fpms.ac.be/synthesis/mbrola/demo/xmas.mp3

And, it's done with FREE tools.

> -Dave

				Janina Sajka, Director