Re: cursor in Vario 40 and brltty.

[quoted lines by Jois on December 2, 2002, at 13:04]

>I use the arrow keys, and the cursor does not follow me.

I need to ask one more clarifying question since I've never actually seen a
Vario. Does it have its own arrow keys? What I'm wondering, in other words, is
if you're navigating with the keyboard arrow keys or with keys on the Vario
itself.

>>Here's my understanding of what you're trying to do. Please correct me where
>>I'm wrong. Are you using the keys on the Vario to navigate the screen, and
>>then
>>wanting to press the routing key above the desired link to follow it?
>Yes, exactly.

The normal way to navigate web pges is to use the keyboard arrow keys. Down
moves to the next link. Up moves to the previous link. Right follows the
current link. Left goes back to the previous page.

Are you looking for these functions to be provided via keys on the Vario
itself?

Note that cursor tracking must be on for the Vario to respond correctly when
doing these things. The current cursor tracking setting is toggled via entering
a braille t (dots 2345) on the top keys of the Vario.

A note regarding aumix. The up/down keyboard arrows move between volume
controls.  The right keyboard arrow increases the volume. The left keyboard
arrow decreases the volume.

>And in web pages, the problem is also that for me it is inpossible
>to  understand which is the link and which is the normal text, no
>particular sign on the Braille display appears. In Windows I see the 7 and
>8 dots coming up over a link.

This is an option in BRLTTY. You can toggle it on/off by entering a braille
letter u (dots 136) on the top keys of the Vario.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/