Re: vibra 128 support

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Krishnakant wrote:

> Hello to all listers.
> Can some one tell me if Vibra 128 sound card from creative is supported in redhat linux 7.3 or not.

They work well in all releases of RHL for some years. I no hesitation
choosing choosing one because I know they work and they're readily
available.

> Further more I tried installing emacspeak and festival synth on a machine where sound is fine.  But when I run emacspeak it tell me that there is no tcl installed on my machine.  I had the rpm for tcl which I ran for installation but it says that tcl is already installed.  What is the problem then?

I've not installed emacspeak so I don't know how it's done. If rpm says
tcl is installed, I'd believe it.

Try this command and see if it highlights anything:
rpm -qa '*tcl*' | xargs rpm -V