Re: Need mouse help

Thanks for that message.

I followed your recommendations and X still doesn't see the mouse.  Also,
there is no indication in the boot messages that the ps/2 port is
detected.  GPM also fails--can't find the mouse.  /dev/device is
linked to /dev/pasux which is the right device for a ps/2 mouse.

I tried a Slackware 8.0 disk (2.2.19 kernel) and the ps/2 port
is detected.  Also, when I start X (I'm using brltty), I get a blank
screen as expected so I think (will have to get sighted help to confirm
this) X is working.  It is on virtual terminal 6.

So it seems the problem has to do with the 2.4.18 kernel code.

Thanks