Re: major issue

Hello,

Gnopernicus is still very much in the testing stage. People who have tried
it have had a lot of installation problems. It also supports only a few
German braille displays. Speech support is better. However, it is not yet
possible to get real work done with Gnopernicus. However, the picture is
not all gloom. More testers are needed. There is discussion about a bridge
between Gnopernicus and Brltty, so that Gnopernicus can use the Brltty
support for many braille displays. If you would like to help with testing
the first step is to join the Gnome accessibility list. Send a message to
gnome-accessibility-list-request@gnome.org . Put subscribe in the
subject line and make sure the body of the message is blank.

There is a good howto on installing Gnopernicus. I can't remember the
URL offhand, but you can ask for it on the accessibility list.

John
On Sun, 24
Nov 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:

> Well, I would guess not. But, you can judge for yourself at the
> Gnopernicus web page:
>
> http://www.baum.ro/gnopernicus.html
>

> Krishnakant writes:
> > From: Krishnakant <kkmane@sify.com>
> >
> > Hello,
> > This is an old lister with a new address.
> > Please solve my problem. I want to know about nupernicus and the current state of its progress.
> > I want to know when I can start using it like I use jaws or any screen reader for windows.  if it is ready then please send me the process of installation.  I want to know in details please.
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Krishnakant.

> > Sify Mail - now with Anti-virus protection powered by Trend Micro, USA.
> > Know more at http://mail.sify.com
> >
> > Want to get into IIM? Take the Sify Mock CAT now!
> > http://education.sify.com/mockcat

Computers to Help People, Inc.
http://www.chpi.org
825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703