Re: Questions About Upgrading to RH8.0

Hey John,

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:00:35 -0600 (CST), John wrote:
> 1. It seems that Lynx is not on the RH8.0 CD's. What browser are blind
> people supposed to use? If I upgrade, will my Lynx still be there and
> usablwe?

Use "links". More powerful than lynx and it now seems to be
the standard for text-only/console web browsing.

> 4. What steps should be taken to protect user files and special system
> files like BRLTTY during upgrading. I have almost 5 GB on my hard drive,
> so backup might be a bit of a problem.

Whatever you do, do not touch "/home", and you should be OK.
Don't forget to give Red Hat the partition number for /home
and you are all set.

I have people in my company who upgrade their Linux installation
every 2 months, and they are just fine, since they keep their
/home partitions intact.

Hope this helps...

Best Regards,

--

Gil Andre ___ Technical writer ___ Arkeia Corporation
email: gandre@arkeia.com | web: http://www.arkeia.com