Re: cut and paste between virtual consoles

Nicolas Pitre <nico@cam.org> writes:

>> Has anyone figured out any magical way of cutting and pasting between
>> virtual consoles in Linux?  I know it is possible with the mouse and it is
> If you use BRLTTY you can do that too.  Otherwise I don't think there's
> anything that allows you to do that from the keyboard.

You can also use GNU screen, which gives you multiplexed virtual
consoles as well. I don't know how well speakup deals with it, but
once you have it installed (apt-get install screen for Debian users;
grab the appropriate RPM from rpmfind.net or your CDs for RPM-based
distros; check www.gnu.org for source), you can run your apps inside
screen sessions and do cut/paste/scrollback with the keyboard.

It also allows you to detach and resume sessions. Very useful piece
of software. =)
--
Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, wearables, teaching compsci