Re: Sony cd writer problem (Martin)

A few hints:
On our systems here, we have:
ls -l /dev/cdrom
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            8 Feb 28  2001 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/sr0
for our CD-RWs

Also from ... doc/cdrtools-cdrecord-1.10/README.ATAPI:
   5.  In the /etc/lilo.conf file add an append line for ide-scsi, in
   my case:
        append = "hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi"

And from ... doc/cdrtools-cdrecord-1.10/README.linux:
   -       Linux driver design oddities ******************************************
        Although cdrecord supports to use dev=/dev/sgc, it is not recommended
        and it is unsupported.

        The /dev/sg* device mapping in Linux is not stable! Using dev=/dev/sgc
        in a shell script may fail after a reboot because the device you want
        to talk to has moved to /dev/sgd. For the proper and OS independent

Hope that helps, LCR

--
L. C. Robinson
reply to no_spam+munged_lcr@onewest.net.invalid

People buy MicroShaft for compatibility, but get incompatibility and
instability instead.  This is award winning "innovation".  Find
out how MS holds your data hostage with "The *Lens*"; see
"CyberSnare" at http://www.netaction.org/msoft/cybersnare.html