Re: Sony cd writer problem (Martin)

	I have great but inbarrassing news.  It looks as though I
accidentally turned off /dev/sg support when building the kernel.
 I may have edited the Kermit script I used to cary on the dialog
that builds the kernel and then thrown away the edit.  Anyway, I
was building kernels with no generic SCSI support module.

	It started working perfectly as soon as I put the generic
support back in.  Now we know what terrible things happen when
one  has no generic support.  It basically tries to work, but
there is still nodriver that cdrecord can use.

	I thank all of you for your help.