Re: SpeechBox

Some time ago when VV on Linux was new, I was on the VV list.

Viavoice for Linux was only release with American English. The IBM folk on the
list said, "Substituting other dictionaries probably will work, but is
unsupported."

The source of other dictionaries was VV for Windows - a friend's computers or
(for those who speak with English or Australian accents) the Windows Viavoice
SDK on the IBM website.

UK English and German in particular were mentioned as "probably working," but
the implication was there that many other languages would work too.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.