Re: Java Development Kit

I wanted to write and run some applications.  The compiler (javac) wouldn't
run.  The problem may have been a simple as revising the PATH variable, but
I decided to wait until I had a more robust Linux than zipslack-- figured
the file zipslack file system might cause Java some problems.

So far, except for a couple of applets, I've just written apps that run in
a DOS box-- I planned to work mostly with console mode programs under
Linux-- web crawlers, math programs, text manipulation, etc.

I hadn't seen anything about Java on this list, but hoped some other
blinuxers were at least tinkering with Java.

Thanks for feedback.