Re: IBM Lap Tops

Luke:

If you need the serial port on that Thinkpad 600, you will need to enable
it in CMOS--or by using the DOS utilities available for that model. The
DOS utilities are accessible to DOS screen readers. The Thinkpad control
utilities for Linux may also work--but I don't start with such a
recommendation as you may not be that far along! <grin>

The default on most Thinkpads is to have the nin-pin port disabled in
favor of infrared. You need to kill the infrared, enable the serial port,
and assign it as the first serial port--in that order.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175