Re: IBM Lap Tops

I have a thinkpad t23, which of course is somewhat different from what you have.
but my serial port wasn't active, and I had to use the thinkpad utilities in Dos
and type in commands to g3et the serial port turned on. Otherwise, you have to
get into the bios to do it. that may not be an issue with yours; if so, post and
I'll send more info.
the nice surprise was that my ethernet card and my modem--even though it is a
winmodem--both work, and the modem has its own comport even though there's
actualy only one built-in serial port, so using the modem doesn't interfere at
all with using braille or speech. again, though, what i hae is probably quite a
bit different than yours. If you do a google search, you'll find quite a bit
about thinkpad and linux, and I think there's quite a bit specifically about the
600.

cheryl