Re: IBM Lap Tops

Find out what version of slackware and what brand ethernet card.
Slackware 8.00 will not install the netdrivers-3.1-1.src.rpm package since
it's not a major release and the modern tulip cards don't run on slackware
8.00's installed tulip driver.  I'm still looking for support for an
ensoniq 128 5880 chip sound card haven't yet found that either.  I can
probably remove the tulip card and replace with a starfire serial card and
get the linux box out onto the net but that won't be with verizon.net
since that's an adsl account.  I downloaded netdrivers.tgz and did a make
for kernel 2.2.19 and got several warnings but no errors.  Then I tried an
insmod ./tulip.o to see if the module could install and got one unresolved
symbol pci_drv_unregister.  Don't yet know how to resolve that but if I
find out and this can work I'll let the list know.