screen utility

I use the korn shell.

In my .kshrc file i have the line:

export PS1="$WINDOW `uname -n`:\$PWD>"

Every time screen opens a new virtual console it executes the .kshrc
file and PS1 is redefined for this window.
Screen also sets the WINDOW environment variable.
to identify the screen number every time a new screen is created.

So every time I create a new screen my PS1 prompt is redefined for
that screen and each screen has a unique prompts such as:

0 tigger:/home/rudy>
1 tigger:/home/rudy>
2 tigger:/home/rudy>

Rudy