more installproblems with emacspeak

Hello!
I still have problems with installing emacspeak.
these are my problems.
1. i don't know wich packages is needed.
i have installed the following.
everything from the e1 group on my slackware cd.
all things from the tclx group.
i downloaded xlib.tgz and installed it.
but i can't get it to work.
is there any packages i have missed to install?
i use zipslack 7.0 with the kernel 2.0.35
i have the slackware 7.0 cd rom.
I have tried to install all packages that are recomended with the setup that
comes with slackware.
however when i have selected the cd as a source media i get the message that
the software is not present.
i have checked the directories and it is fine.
can anyone tell me why i can't install linux software this way?
also i wonder if there is any way to play daisy books in linux.
i have heard about that it can be done with emacspeak but i don't know if
this is true.
can anyone help me?
thanks in davance
Kristoffer