redhat speakup distribution installation problem.

Hi, Nektarios:

No problem. The two changes you want to make are easily made.

The issue of defaulting to the graphical mode is also addressed
in our installation HOWTO, because it is a common mistake. Here's
what you need to do.

Become root and edit the file /etc/inittab.

You will find a line that says something like:

id:5:initdefault:

The "5" sets the gui default. Change it to a "3" for the text
console default, so that it appears like this:

id:3:initdefault:

Next, edit your /etc/lilo.conf. First, make certain that you have
an entry such as:

other=/dev/hda3
optional
label=dos

Then, near the top, find a line that says something like:

default = linux

and change it to say:

default = dos

Save and exit, then type:

lilo

If lilo recompiles without errors, your default will be Windows.

Of course, your particulars may not be the same as mine. You may
have called your Microsoft partition "win," or "windows," where
I've called mine "dos." And, yours may not be located at
/dev/hda3, as mine is.

Congradulations on achieving a successful installation.