Getting to the internet

------_=_NextPart_001_01C20254.79616690

Hi All,

   I'm new to the list and while I'm a professional programmer working on a
mainframe, I am ignorant of Lynux and so forth (by the way, first, what is
the correct pronunciation of lynux, please?).

   Next, I hope to purchase a personal-use PC next year, installing lynx on
it. I know my first decision will be to select which brand(?) of lynx to
use; but, looking ahead beyond that point, I'm wondering how would I connect
to the internet. Would it be a matter of finding an ISP which accepts lynx
users and simply using its browser?

   And, also, I know web sites are accessed by domain names but how would a
lynux user access the same site? or can you? would I use an IP address
instead?

Thanks,

Walt

------_=_NextPart_001_01C20254.79616690

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Getting to the internet</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi All,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm new to the list and while I'm a =
professional programmer working on a mainframe, I am ignorant of Lynux =
and so forth (by the way, first, what is the correct pronunciation of =
lynux, please?).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Next, I hope to purchase a personal-use =
PC next year, installing lynx on it. I know my first decision will be =
to select which brand(?) of lynx to use; but, looking ahead beyond that =
point, I'm wondering how would I connect to the internet. Would it be a =
matter of finding an ISP which accepts lynx users and simply using its =
browser?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; And, also, I know web sites are accessed =
by domain names but how would a lynux user access the same site? or can =
you? would I use an IP address instead?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Walt</FONT>
</P>