SV: SV: Software Synths Under Linux

"Kristoffer Gustafsson" <kristoffer.gustafsson@telia.com> writes:

> i think that your problem with festival is that you don't have a speech
> synthesizer installed.
> festival is only the text to speech system.
Uhm, you are right here, and completely wrong too.
Please don't confuse us.

Festival *is* a complete text-to-speech system. And, TTS *includes*
the speech synthesizer.

On the other hand, Mbrola is what you described, Mbrola can't be used on
it's own. You need a text-to-phoneme converter to use mbrola.

Comment to the original festival suggestion: Thanks thanks thanks, I
know all that. Festival is too slow to be useful. Flite is
fast enough, but sounds, hmm... And flite only has one voice right now
(english).

So, I'd still be interested in buying a good synth. I know, we should
see to find good free software to use. But if there arent any good
soltuions, it would still be nice to be able to spend some money
on quality if someone would like to do so.

--
CYa,
  Mario