Emacspeak, flite and handhelds

--=======22B433E5=======

gena,

did you say that the red hat distribution comes with speakup allready setup
on the disc?

I'm thinking of moving to linux, and have gotten hold of the latest redhat
7.3 distribution, but was wondering how difficult it is to setup on a pc,
if speak isn't available, but noticed in a message yesterday that someone
said it's in the distribution of three, rh debian and slackware.

so if I'm to use say rh 7.3 can I install it with speech from the cd?

simonAt 23:05 12/05/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm sorry, why are you picking on me sone days after the posting.  Taken
>from the blinux web page.
>
>   Blinux-list is a list intended for discussion of Linux usage as it
>   relates to the blind and visually impaired community.
>
>What does Bzzt mean?
>
>Are you the list owner?
>
>Please specify what this list is for if not stated on the webpage:
>Linux for blind general discussion
>
>There's no mention of the hardware, nor specific software.  A handheld
>list would be inappropriate as they'll be sighted people and have no
>idea what it is like to use speech.
>
>Gena
>

>Blindness Advocacy and Self Help Online www.bashonline.org
>
>>"'Georgina'" <gena@gena-j.net> wrote:
>>(2002/05/07 06:26:44)
>>

>>>I just wondered if emacspeak and flite are working together and whether
>>>anyone had got them working on a hand held device?  I'm sure that I read
>>>that emacspeak worked using flite but can't remember where I read it.
>>>Could someone clarify the situation?
>>>

>>Bzzt , wrong list . ask this question on one of the handhelds.org lists
>>There are people out there that actually are involved in emacspeak and
flite

---