LYNX, gzipped files and https

HI,
The problem with PRICEWATCH is solved, that's fine, but
LYNX can read a compressed gzipped file and display it:
try to access a file like something.html.gz and see that it works.
I'm just turning to this point because it seems that some of us,
like myself until past week, are using old versions of LYNX, which don't
decompress files and, worst, do not access secure HTTPS.
It's worthwhile to get a new version at
http://www.lynx.browser.org
I couldn't find executables, but it isn't  hard to compile version 2.8.4
with openSSL, following the instructions there.
Best regards,
Ze