blinux brltty and alva abt340

[quoted lines by Ian Blackburn on May 3, 2002, at 09:18]

>the brltty manual mentions problems with cursor routing with two programs
>that is the vi editor and links e-mail

No, that's not quite what BRLTTY's manual is saying. It's saying, rather, that
BRLTTY handles cursor routing in a special way in order to account for the fact
that vi and lynx move the cursor somewhat unpredictably in response to arrow
key presses. BRLTTY's cursor routing, because of the special algorithm it uses,
actually works quite well with these applications.

>Does
>this also mean that brltty uses one of the consol?

BRLTTY doesn't use its own virtual console. It runs as a background process
(daemon) and presents whatever is on the current virtual console.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com