Problem installing Eflite

Hi all,

Today I tried to install Eflite, the speech server for Emacspeak using
flite. The compilation and the installation seem to be good but when I
try to test I don't hear anything. I type ./eflite following by "enter".
then I can read three lines :
socket initializing
allocating more memory
accepting connection
then the cursor is here and I suppose I must type something. In the
INSTALL file it is said to type this is a test but before and after this
words there are characters that I don't know how to type. Before the
sentence it seems that we must type "q" and after we must type "d". I
don't understand very well what to type exactly. To exit I type ctrl+c.
I didn't here anything.
In the INSTALL file it is also said that we must have a file called
es.conf but I don't have this file on my hard disk.
As someone herre ever tried to install and use eflite and if so could
you help me ?
Thanks in advance.

Nath