redhat text utilities documentation

I'm frustrated with that failing of redhat too.  So, here's the skinny on
useradd and userdel.  userdel username when run by root wipes out user's
account.  useradd -m username makes a new account and home directory for
the new user.  Then passwd username <cr> allows root to make a password
for the new user.  Once done you're good to log in as that new user.  I
only use root to connect with the internet then shell out to other
accounts and that's what I've done to make my other accounts.  The missing
id and this poor state of documentation has a copy of slackware 8.0 on its
way to my place hopefully I'll have it tomorrow.  If I don't, then U.P.S.
has to refund me the shipping for a late delivered package.  U.P.S.
already owes me for another package as things stand too.