dosemu and com port problem resolved

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on March 23, 2002, at 10:45]

>The one catch turns out to be that brltty is stopped dead in its tracks, I
>assume during the initialization process when starting dosemu.

I don't know DOS very well, but I suspect that dosemu is doing some kind of
port probing (which doesn't bother BRLTTY itself, but which will most likely
bother the braille display). What's basically happening is that you're placing
two operating systems in charge of the same device, and that's never a good
thing to do. It's better to configure your dosemu so that it only has access to
the devices it's supposed to see. Nothing stops you from mapping dosemu's COM1
to the real COM2 (to use DOS terminology).

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com