netrik was ( lynx-dev latest status on java script support? )

I wrote:
>	Now I have had some time to try it out and so far,
>nothing yet.  On the Linux system, I get an immediate error
>message that says that it can't initialize curses.  I didn't know
>you had to initialize curses.

	There is a man page on curses on the FreeBSD systems I
use at work and you do have to initialize the curses routines
with variables when you use them.

	This means that there is some kind of problem in the way
netrik is calling the routines.  I sent a message to one of the
developers and have not received a response yet, but I bet I do
get one eventually.

	This is quite normal for new software.  Most of the stuff
I write at work only has to transplant between 2 or 3 different
systems and there is still more than enough trouble in getting it
working everywhere it is supposed to work to keep ones head
buzzing.

	I am confident that the problems I am having right now
are temporary.  No telling how well this software will work on
our problem sites when the kinks get worked out of simply running
it, but this is the best effort to come along in a long time.  It
obviously worked for the people who wrote it on their linux
systems so the trick here is to figure out what is different
about their systems and the one I am using (actually two
different boxes but running the same software).

	Later on, I imagine that netrik will have more automation
built in to the make process to better configure everything at
the start.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if my systems are
lacking some environmental variable setting or something like
that.  Stay tuned for more exciting adventures on the cutting
edge.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Network Operations Group