Bookshare.org and Linux

John,

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:18:20 -0500 (CDT), John wrote:
> I tried opening a rtf file with less, and I couldn't find the text, just
> formatting.

The text is there. Trust me. <grin>

> I need a console-mode editor. X-window editors are of course useless.

When you say "editor", do you mean a program to create RTF files
or a program to read RTF files?

If you'd like to create RTF files, check "aft":
http://www.maplefish.com/todd/aft.html

If you'd like something to "read" RTF, just let me know, and I'll
try to produce some sort of quick-and-dirty sed filter for you.

> When I looked at the books awaiting verification on bookshare.org I
> found that they had quite a few in .txt form.

That's better...

Regards,

--

Gil Andre          gandre@arkeia.com