Bookshare.org and Linux

Gil,
I tried opening a rtf file with less, and I couldn't find the text, just
formatting.
I need a console-mode editor. X-window editors are of course useless.
When I looked at the books awaiting verification on bookshare.org I
found that they had quite a few in .txt form.
John

--
Computers to Help People, Inc.
http://www.chpi.org