problem with my cd rom drive

Hello!
i have some problems with my cd rom when i shall install linux.
i tried with suse linux 7.2 but failed to install it.
at first i thought that there was something wrong in the distribution but
then i tried some other distributions.
i tried both redhat, slakware,mandrake and i think i tried debian also.
can anyone help me to come around the problem?
thanks in advance
Kristoffer