Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:08:30 -0400
From: RAY MORGAN <RMORGAN1@email.usps.gov>
To: chomiak <chomiak@chartermi.net>
Cc: HAROLD STARK <HSTARK@email.usps.gov>
Subject: Postal Store on usps.com - More info

Cheryl,

Here's another update on the status of our Postal Store on usps.com web site.
First, we've determined that last week's version of Postal Store on usps.com
indeed was not accessible.  However, we're closer to having a handle on the
problems with the site.

Late this afternoon another version of the Postal Store site is scheduled to be
installed.  This latest version will fix some of the toolbar problems and
navigation links.  However, I don't believe the shopping cart problems will yet
be fixed, so I don't think you will yet be able to complete a stamp purchase
using assistive technologies.  Our web developers have identified several more
problems that have to be resolved in the coming days and weeks.  Our plan now is
to install those fixes over the next few weeks as they are completed and tested.
Another update is targeted for late next week.

I'll go out on a limb and say that our intention now is that after next week's
release, a user who can accommodate JavaScripts will be able to make a purchase
using JAWS.   Hopefully if the site works for a JAWS user, it will also work for
persons using other text-to-speech products.  Your review of the site can help
us a lot in that regard.

I'll continue to communicate with you as work on this site progresses.  Thanks
for your patience!  We in the USPS do sincerely appreciate feedback!

Ray Morgan
USPS