Links (with an I), Lynx (with a Y) and inaccessible sites

Hi All,

I've been following the disucssion about inaccessibility of a particular site
with interest.  I may have missed a few postings, but I think that the amount
of effort generated by a single inaccessible site, must indicate that we're
looking at the problem from the wrong end.  If each site that isn't accessible
by Lynx has to be tackled individually, the Lynx/Links community is in danger
of disappearing in a cloud of irate correspondence.

There must be, somewhere in the open-source community, someone in an accademic
institution who could throw the weight of a team of students with final-year
projects etc. behind cracking the javascript issue in Lynx, once and for all.
The development of Lynx has now more or less stopped (last release in April
2000).  Its a long shot, but are there any students on this list who could try
to interest their supervisors in throwing some effort in to producing a major
upgrade of Lynx (obviously co-ordinated or with the agreement of the current
remaining Lynx development community)?

Regards,

Tim Pennick