OFF TOPIC: Will Redhat Become a Division of AOL Time-Warner?

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Rafael wrote:

> That's what I thought. This mailing list is on one of their servers as far
> as I can tell so it might get affected by the merger. Also, the discussion
> comes up about other distributions which is "out of redhat domain".

blinux-list might run on any server on the Web. Setting up a mailing list
to another server isn't to too complicated today (search www.google.com
for 'mailman').

Since Redhat is not involved with blinux-list/project other than their
hosting of the list, there is no "redhat domain" involved by us.

> Perhaps there should be a complete domain dedicated to everything for
> linux users with limited or no vision. Perhaps it would be a good idea to
> have more than one mailing list to separate technical issues from whatever
> else is of interest to the users. I checked blinux.org and found that it's
> already in use so something else would be needed in case people wanted
> independence from a certain corporate entity.

blinux.org is owned by me (to give credit where credit is due:
the people at leb.net were so kind to register blinux.org for me some time ago).

Enjoy!
--Hans