AFT -- Almost free text.

[quoted lines by Ron Marriage on January 11, 2002, at 16:52]

>I often have to supply documents or reports to a group or
>committee of sighted people.

True.

>They expect these reports to

True.

>It's not that they wouldn't accept straight ascii text from
>me.  They would be happy to do so, they'd just assume that
>it was the best the blind guy could do.

True.

I understand everything you've said, but none of it addresses the issue since a
plain text to Word converter can't introduce, unassisted, any of that
professional stuff in any sort of meaningful way. You'd have to already be
maintaining your document in some higher level way, and, for those who read all
of what I originally wrote, I did say that a LaTeX to Word converter which
didn't lose any of the mark-up would indeed be useful. My contention still is
that a plain text to Word converter is entirely useless.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.