AFT -- Almost free text.

I often have to supply documents or reports to a group or
committee of sighted people.
In almost all cases, I'm the computer guy and most of them
can reach the level of reading their email and either can't
or don't want to go further.

They expect these reports to carry a company logo at the
top, have a title centered and in a large font, the want
lists indented and like that little thingie in front of them
so they know it really is a list.  They want important stuff
in red or someother color.
They might want charts and they always want a summary or
index on the first page.

While ascii is my most used format, I am forced to use HTML
or some other formating technique so that they can see what
they want or expect.
It isn't that ascii isn't recognized by word, it's that I
want my documents to look professional, that I want them to
look like my boss or a committe of sighted members expect
them to be.

It's not that they wouldn't accept straight ascii text from
me.  They would be happy to do so, they'd just assume that
it was the best the blind guy could do.

Ron