Still Having Fun with SCSI Emulation.

Martin:

I think you need some kind of directive early on to have the ide devices
treated as scsi. Ergo the lilo.conf append. This loads very early in the
boot process. To illustrate I'm including a snipit from my
/var/log/messages ...
kernel:  BIOS-e820: 00000000fff80000 - 0000000100000000 (reserved)
kernel: On node 0 totalpages: 65520
kernel: zone(0): 4096 pages.
kernel: zone(1): 61424 pages.
kernel: zone(2): 0 pages.
kernel: Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=l ro
		root=301 BOOT_FILE=/boot/vmlinuz speakup_synth=ltlk hdc=ide-scsi
		hde=ide-scsi
kernel: ide_setup: hdc=ide-scsi
kernel: ide_setup: hde=ide-scsi
kernel: Initializing CPU#0