AFT -- Almost free text.

Aaah. The value of this tool (which I am imagining through my experience of a
tool called txt2html) is that it recognises common text formatting
conventions (which can vary from page to page) and converts them into markup
which is richer and more explicit. If it is a reasonably good tool, and
txt2html certainly is, so I imagine it will be, it is useful.

cheers

Chaals

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Dave Mielke wrote:

  [quoted lines by Martin G. McCormick on January 11, 2002, at 10:39]

  >	I send and receive ASCII files all the time and people
  >use them, but just as we would rather get sound files we can
  >play and text files we can read without doubling the cost of our
  >work stations or going to a lot of various other forms of hassle,
  >the general user community wants stuff they can use without a lot
  >of trouble.

  But a Word user can already use a plain text file, so I'm still trying to
  understand what's so great about a tool which converts a plain text file, which
  already is Word-usable, into another format. Nothing is gained, which makes the
  tool entirely useless.